Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Sketchbook, New Queens

This is my new Sketchbook. See the big grease stain on the front? Now you have proof that I have been dragging my sketchbook around in an effort to draw more. And that I am a little sloppy.


Here are some sketches of the Queen of Hearts. (Yes, I am still working on the Q of H.) Version A (top left) is really just me as the queen, and the other versions are exaggerations of A where I slowly dislocate her jaw. But guess what? I think I have *finally* settled on how this character should look!


Meet option D! The lovely lady who has won the competition to be my Queen! Congratulations, your highness. Now I believe you have some capital punishment to mete out.





2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely wonderful! And by the way- have I mentioned before that I love your new blog header?
    Also, congrats on sketching more- I would love to finger through one of your sketch books sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I am proud of the blog header - it's nice to freshen things up :)

      Delete